Wednesday, September 14, 2016

This Kind of Slid Away From Me, But I Get to the Point Eventually


Stevie Nicks is on the Television and I'm About to Tell You Where I've Been


She is singing "Landslide" and I'm getting the chills and I don't know why. I've heard that song a million times. It's one of those clichè tracks that they play at college graduations and during films that just don't know any better. 

But it still makes me feel those things people refer to as "emotions." Maybe it's because Autumn is upon us. I always feel more in the Autumn; memories are more vivid and people and relationships from my past seem to twirl around my consciousness more often. It's a season for nostalgia, reminiscing. 

So maybe that explains it. Or maybe it's just a timeless song. A piece of art that will last forever and will, until the end of time, always have some sort of effect on people. 

An everlasting work of art. That sounds nice doesn't it? That sounds like something many artists and writers strive for: timelessness.

But what makes something timeless? What do you think? Is it that the work captures a certain period of time? Has a certain melody? Uses language in a unique manner? Should we strive for this, or just keep writing what's in our hearts and hope it lasts?

I really don't know. In fact, I know less after I wrote all of those questions. But I'm totally okay with that.

Anyways, I'm getting way off track. 

Where have I been? That's what this post is about.

I've been working on a story AND sending previously written stories out into the world.

All of this is terrifying.

I haven't written a short story in forever, and it's scary coming back to it, I don't know why. But it's incredibly, wonderfully cathartic and relieving. I'm so happy to be back, but until I'm done, I may only get around to one post on here per week.

I do hope that's okay.

Bottom line: I've been busy. Hence the fast traveling car picture at the top. But I really enjoy writing in this blog, regardless of how many people read it. And I will continue to do so, and continue to update you, the lovely reader, on where I'm at in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment