Thursday, August 18, 2016

First Post Ever (!)

The Boring Stuff


Hey guys and girls. My name is Justin Christensen and I suppose you could say I'm an aspiring writer (I'll update my profile information later - I'm still getting used to using this website and Google+).


I went to Hamline University (In Saint Paul, Minnesota) where I received a BFA in Creative Writing with a Minor in English. I have two blog posts published on Hamline's fantastic undergraduate literary journal, Runestone, and one short story published in THAT Literary Review issue #1. I also have quite a few articles published in Hamline's Student newspaper, The Oracle.

I don't know why I'm telling you this.

It sounds like a lot of bragging. I promise I'm not trying to brag! I'm just trying to tell you who I am in the context of the writing world!

I promise, I swear!

My professors told me not to use too many exclamation marks in my writing, so I will attempt to avoid that in the future. But I just needed to get a point across, yeah?

Also, I'm from the Twin Cities - lived here my whole life. I hope to move someday for a couple years but I love Minneapolis/St. Paul and can definitely see myself coming back.

What I Hope to Accomplish With This Blog


So the boring stuff is out of the way. Kind of.

I wanted to start a blog to report on my journey trying to make it as a successful writer. I'll cover my efforts to get freelance writing gigs, as well as my attempts to get some stories published. Don't even worry, I will definitely include all of my failures - that's sometimes fun to hear about, isn't it?

I also may randomly include some random amateur food reviews, strictly because I think it would be hilarious to review things like Wendy's chicken nuggets and Yoplait yogurt.

But mostly this will be a blog about an aspiring writer trying to make it in the writing world. I'm hoping others can relate/identify with my trials, and maybe someday we can all help each other out and give each other tips to make it on this cruel, cruel (but kinda beautiful sometimes) planet.

So before we succeed together, let's fail together - and fail we must if we ever want to learn from our mistakes and become stronger, better and sexier writers.

The Final Question of My First Post Ever


So will you fail with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment